Monday, November 5, 2007

Onion Rings

Onion rings are tough, because they're fried, and I love fried, but they're also entirely vegetable. I'll eat them, and I'll even eat the onions inside the batter, but if I bite into an onion ring, and the onion comes out of the batter, then I'll just drop the onion and eat the batter. That's the best part anyways.

Basically, I just leave it up to fate. If I take a bite, and there's only a small bit of vegetable, I'll eat it, but if it's too much, then I won't.

That's my general philosophy on borderline vegetables like onions and avocado and sun-dried tomatoes. I don't really like them, but if there's a small bit in something, I'll eat it. But if I go to take a bite of my sandwich and a big sun-dried tomato comes out, I'll get rid of it.

3 comments:

Serena + Pumpkin said...

oh man, dustin - if you're eating sun dried tomatoes, you're a sell out. real meat lovers don't eat frou-frou things like sun dried tomatoes. its still a vegetable, man!

Unknown said...

It makes totally sense. I admire your meatarianism. I mean, take the vegetarians. If they found out that there was a piece of meat in their mouth (even if it was deep fried) they would immediately unload the contents of their mouth. You on the other hand, don't waste the deep fried batter goodness and just take out the onion. Much more friendly for the environment. Not like those hypocratic vegetarians.

james said...

That's why Buckhorn is so great. Their "onion rings" are small and thin, fully maximizing the fried batter to vegetable ratio.