Monday, November 5, 2007

Parsley just sucks


I often wonder why vegetables and other "greens" are considered food decorators and how they are supposed to add color to your meal. I have been putting off talking about it, but last week was really the end of it.

I mean, last week I went to the palace family steak house in San Francisco, and I ordered a club steak meal and a large coke. I was really looking forward to it, and I was even ignoring the grease on the walls just because of the fumes coming from the kitchen got me dreaming. But when they finally bring out my plate, I just stare at it. Not only do they drop this baked potato thingy all over my steak, they also spread this evil-looking greenish parsley all over the lower right side of it! I could remove the potato I guess, and even pretend that it's a large fry or something, but the parsley taste, there is just no way to get it out.

I mean, I go out and pay money for something I am supposed to enjoy, and then they go ahead and make their own decisions. All they asked me was how I wanted my steak done, and not whether or not they should put stuff on top off it.

I was so appalled that I had to take a picture of it before I had them take the whole thing back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We need to go to Texas Roadhouse to get you a real steak. They put the sides on separate dishes and you can order the steak in sizes of 16, 20, 24 and 32 oz!